- New York Peer Specialist Certification Board for the NYCPS-P and NYCPS Certifications
- Academy of Peer Services for New York Peer Specialist Training (NYCPS-P and NYCPS)
- Families Together in New York State for the (FPA) Family Peer Advocate and (YPA) Youth Peer Advocate Certifications and Trainings
- New York Certification Board at ASAP for the CRPA, CRPA-Provisional, CRPA-Family and CARC Certifications
- Friends of Recovery New York for CRPA Training Scholarships
- Mental Health America for (NCPS) National Certified Peer Specialist Testing
- Job Bank (Academy of Peer Services)
Types of New York Peer Advocates
Peer Specialists help others in recovery by assisting them the tasks of managing daily skills for healthy living,
Family Peer Advocates have ‘lived-experience’ as the parent (biological, foster, adoptive)
Youth Peer Advocates are individuals between 18-30 years of age who self-identify as a person
Peer support services are an important part of the treatment and recovery process.
The Certified Recovery Peer Advocate-Family is a trained CRPA providing formal
A Recovery Coach is anyone committed to promoting recovery from addiction by assisting recoverees
connecting recoverees with recovery support services designed to build recovery capital.
The National Certified Peer Specialist
is a voluntary, examination-based certification that allows peers to demonstrate a high level of experience and competencies in peer support. The NCPS does not replace state certifications but is an add-on to required state certifications. Individuals who earn the NCPS go above and beyond state certification to show their leadership and commitment to the growth and advancement of the field.
BH HCBS will be available to adults meeting Serious Mental Illness (SMI) and Substance Use Disorder (SUD) targeting criteria and risk factors in HARPs and HIV SNPs who are found eligible through an assessment.
There are places in your community where you can volunteer to make someone else’s life better: the Big Brother/ Big Sister Program, pantries, soup kitchens and more.